Your makeup wardrobe classic #2 ‘must have’ piece: the no color lipgloss. There are clear ones and some with a bit of shimmer, both are great. (keep away from ones with glitter pieces, they’re not always flattering and not as versatile) Quick Lesson: shimmer=think delicate crushed pearls and it’s très chic, glitter=shiny confetti pieces)
The choice of glosses is endless…there are luxury brands and drugstore faves. Truthfully when worn, others will not be able to tell the difference between $$ or $ versions. It’s what works well for you and makes you feel good when you use it.
Why non colored gloss?
- it works with everyone, outfit and occasion
- no guessing on the shade
- always pretty and polished
- can be applied without a mirror if needed for a quick fix
- it layers over all your other lipcolors to make ‘new’ lip looks
- can make lips look fuller (not talking plumping) just a smoother texture
- formulas may contain; SPF, moisturizers, plumpers, treatments, etc.
- great for touch-ups before photos, gloss up before the BFF takes pics with her phone ; )
- pairs well with minimal makeup looks
From squeeze tubes to wands and brushes, the application type and texture is totally up to you. TIP: When layering gloss over lipstick from a squeeze tube, use a lip brush to gently swipe it over the lipstick so you don’t move the lipstick around underneath. If your gloss has a brush/sponge tipped applicator, try taping it on the lips gently, again so you don’t disturb the color under it.
PS In my pro-makeup kit I have the Smashbox High Shine pearl -looks white in the tube but goes on clear with a touch of pearl. Works great on camera and for everyday.
Stay tuned for the next Makeup Wardrobe Classics item.
Ciao Bellas, Until Next Time
Read more →