Regardless of the size or type of makeup bag you own, there are some makeup ‘must haves’ you should squeeze in there. Your closet has classic pieces (the LBD, a great pair of jeans that make your butt look fab, the black blazer, a great white T-shirt) so why shouldn’t your makeup bag have them too? Simple and easy items that can go from casual to dressed up.
The first piece you need: a dark shade of gel/cream liner. Why this format of liner you ask?
- truly the best of both worlds of pencils and liquid liner
- easily glides on with a brush (if you can hold a pencil you can hold an eyeliner brush ; )
- smooth, creamy texture let’s you smudge it to soften or go smoky
- no pulling or stretching the eye to apply
- get it into the roots of the lashes, no more ‘skipped’ spaces like pencils do
- make thin or thick lines
- get the dramatic look of a liquid, such as the cat or winged eye
- may have one or more perks; long-wearing, smudge-proof, water-proof
It should not be pretty packaging, a fabulous brand name or a good price that makes you buy an item… every makeup product must deliver results for it to have valuable makeup bag real estate.
Maybelline Lasting Drama gel eye-liner is just one brand that I own and use but I always recommend it because it gives great results, has a fab price ($10-$12 CAD) and the tool needed is included. Plus it’s water-proof and long-wearing. If you haven’t tried a gel or cream liner this is a good place to start.
Ciao Bellas, Until Next Time
Read more →